Museum-on-the-Road is the Museum’s adult outreach programs, geared a 30-minute presentation toward adult learners of all levels and perfect for your service club, senior center, retirement community, assisted living residences or nursing home.
Presentations are about the history, heritage, and environment of the Napa Valley complete with artifacts, images and maps. All you need to provide is a table. First presentation is complimentary. Suggested donation of $35 for additional presentations.
- Wappo Native Americans – Experience a typical day in the life of a Native American in the Napa Valley
- Rancho/Pioneer – Explore life on a Napa County Rancho between 1832 and 1880.
- Chinese – Learn about a typical day in the life of an early Chinese settler in Napa County from the mid-1880’s through the early 20th century.
- Fossils & Minerals – explore ancient relics, stones and suisekis from Rozaline Johnson’s world-famous collection.
- The Art of Suiseki: Japanese viewing stones – Suiseki are small, naturally formed stones admired for their beauty and for their power to suggest a scene from nature. Among the most popular types of Japanese Suiseki are those that suggest a distant mountain, waterfall, island or thatched hut. Enjoy this rare presentation of Japanese viewing stones from the Rozaline Johnson Collection at Napa Valley Museum.
To book your program call 707.944.0500 x106 or email email@example.com
Have the following information ready when you call or email to reserve your program:
- Preferred date
- Number of attendees
- Organization name, address, email, phone and fax number
- If applicable, method of payment (credit card, check, cash)