Field trips at Napa Valley Museum are a fun and exciting way to explore the history, art and environment of the Napa Valley!
For just $6 per student, your group will rotate through the activity station and galleries before enjoying a picnic lunch on the Museum’s terrace. Students will participate in an interactive tour of the Main Gallery, visit to the Spotlight Gallery, then experience a hands-on exploration of the history and heritage of the Napa Valley. Finally, teachers can customize their field trip with a project-based learning experience that best suits classroom units of study. Activity stations support NGSS/CCSS goals. Download the Youth Education Outreach Brochure for details or Use the Reservation Form.
Leather Tooling Bracelets: Design a leather bracelet using mallets and metal stamping tools.
Napa Watershed Exploration: Explore HInman Creek located at the base of the Museum’s meadow. We provide thermometers, pH strips, magnifying glasses and activity sheets that help students scientifically examine the watershed.
Let’s Go Fly A Kite: Learn to fly when students design and build paper kites while learning about physics and employing mathematical skills.
A Solid Experience: Discover the world of heat transfer, compounds and solids. After learning how butter melts, students will enjoy a popcorn snack!
Great Geode Breaking Adventure: Search the Museum’s meadow and discover a hidden geode to crack open! We provide hammers and safety glasses so students can safely discover the wonder and excitement of field geology.
Dig It!: Young archeologists use picks and shovels to discover buried artifacts.
- $6 per student/Free for Teachers/$5 per chaperone. One chaperone is required for every 10 students.
- 50% non-refundable deposit is due no less than 15 days prior to your visit. Remainder is required upon arrival.
- For rescheduling, cancellation or changes in the final count, you must contact us five (5) days before your visit.
- If your field trip group contains less than the reserved number of students, you are still required to pay the fill amount.
- Field Trips are rain or shine! However, since most of our Activity Stations take place outside, your group may not be able to participate in that portion of the tour.
- Attach and email your request form to the Napa Valley Museum.